We have some new people joining us and I just wanted to take the time to introduce myself. So that you can get to know the person behind She Matters. Here are a few Fun Facts about me.
- My Name is Alicia.
- I live in Massachusetts.
- I'm married with two children, a boy (10 soon to be 11) and a girl (6 but thinks she's 16).
- My favorite color is orange
- My favorite food is seafood
- My favorite music is old school RnB
- I love to create things (member of the Cricut community)
- And if I had a superpower I wish I could teleport (lol)
Follow us on Instagram and you'll see more of me!
I started She Matters in the midst of the COVID pandemic in 2020. The idea came about when I created a self-care accountability group to meet with other women, who were on the same path as me and can help keep each other accountable in truly prioritizing ourselves. On our first meet-up, I greeted the ladies with a self-care box filled with your average self-care items (bath bomb, journal, lotion, etc.) Once I shared the box that I created with my social media followers, I got an overwhelming response from people asking if I had sold the boxes. My therapist even gave me the idea of making it a business. After doing some research I decided to branch into the subscription box industry and curate a box that could speak to women on different levels while empowering them to prioritize themselves by practicing self-care. And it's been going great ever since.