Hello to all my plant moms, soon-to-be plant moms, and future plant moms!
I have a question for you. How many plant babies do you have? How many do you want? What does your future look like with plant babes? Sounds real personal, I know LOL!
I'm a future plant mom, of many. I just LOVE how they look and how much it can brighten up a room with just one plant. I don't know how it will work for me, in the future, but I'm hoping it goes well! My grandmother has a huge variety of plants in her garden, surrounding our house. They always look so pretty in the Spring and Summer seasons. I think it's about time I start doing some plant research!
So, what are some things to know about becoming a new plant mom? A lot of people see plant care as a task and tend to get discouraged often. They don't really see it as a form of self-care. I can understand that! It doesn't work for everyone.
Here's what I learned from Bloomscape about indoor plants:
1. Get to know your plant - research your specific type of plant(s) and learn all there is to know about watering, sunlight, temperature, location of plant, etc.
2. Don't overwater your plant *opposite to self-care, shower yourself with all the love you need, honey!* - water your plant when the top 1-2 inches of soil is dry
3. Choose the right spot - does your plant need a lot of sun? Does it thrive in less sun?
4. Be patient - Easier said than done, but like you need time to adpat to new environments, so doesn't your plant babe!
5. Ask for help- no question is too dumb to ask.
These were just a few of the most important tips for you! It's important to do your own research. Tap into Facebook groups and follow some Instagram pages dedicated to planting.
JUNE BOX FEATURE:
For our June box, we partnered with 4 amazing therapists to find the perfect items for you to relieve stress. We were given the idea to include this super cute potting kit. For those of you trying to get into plants, we hope you were able to get your hands on this box. If not, reach out to us to see if we have nay boxes left over. Otherwise, purchase our July box to see what it's all about!