Would you rather Tea or Coffee? I prefer coffee, but slowly learning to love tea just as much! I'm more of a herbal medicine type of person, I don't really like to take things like Ibuprofen, Tylenol, or Aleve. For example, when I'm going through my monthly cycle, I look to herbal teas to calm the effects of cramps and body aches.
In my research, I have found that many teas have benefits of boosting your immune system, fighting off inflammation, and minimizing the chances of getting cancer or heart problems. Here are a few types of teas and what they're good for.
- White Tea: Fights various forms of cancers and good benefits for teeth.
- Green Tea: Helps with clear skin for a nice glow and boosts heart health by lowering bad cholesterol and reducing blood clots
- Chamomile Tea: Decreases pain from menstruation and muscle spasms, increases your quality of sleep and relaxation, and decreases stress
- Ginger Tea: Calms morning sickness, helps with chronic indigestion, and relieve joint pain
- Peppermint Tea: Soothes an upset stomach and relieves pain from tension headaches and migraines
- Hibiscus Tea: Lower blood pressure and improve liver health
There are other teas that have great benefits that I have not listed here. Take some time to do some research on the benefits of tea. One thing I like to do is search for teas that help with a specific issue I'm dealing with. You'd be surprised by what you'd discover with a little bit of research!
April Box Feature
The Te' Spa
This Tea that we included in our April box is by The Te Spa. Citrus Rose Te is made with organic ingredients and is good for fighting disease and infection. It also helps with relieving your body of the common cold as well as ridding your body of toxins.
Check out their website to learn about different tea they make and how it benefits you.